Welcome to St. John Berchmans!
On behalf of St. John Berchmans Parish, welcome to our website! Please be patient as we continue to work on the development of the entire site and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments. Thank you and God Bless!
- "Come, Lord Jesus!" groups meet on Tuesdays at 4:30pm and Thursdays at 10:00am in the Church Hall. For more information, call the Church Office (337/668-4413). Everyone is invited to attend!
- Bishop's Services Appeal (BSA) Payment Methods: Check payable to BSA and mail to "Diocese of Lafayette, Office of Stewardship and Development 1408 Carmel Drive, Lafayette, LA 70501-9907. Please notate "St. John Berchmans Church" on check. Credit/Debit Card Payments: Visit diolaf.org/BSA or text DIOCESE to 50155. Questions? Call 337/261-5641.
- If interested in getting information concerning a new mausoleum program for St. John Berchmans Cemetery, please contact the Church Office at 337/668-4413 or sign up in the Church.
- December Religious Education Class Dates: Grades 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 - December 10th --- See Christian Formation/CCD Program Tab for printable schedules.
- St. John Berchmans will be collecting toiletries for the shut-ins and local Nursing Homes and new, unwrapped toys, to be donated to Cankton Elementary School and local charities, for distribution to needy children at Christmas, beginning the first weekend in Advent through December 17th. Boxes have been placed in the Church for your donations.
- The 2024 Mass Book is now open. Please come by the Church Office, at your earliest convenience, to set up your Mass Intentions for the 2024 year or an upcoming month. 2024 Sanctuary Lamp dates may also be scheduled at this time. Please follow the Office hours that are printed on the front of the bulletin. You may call the Office at 337/668-4413, with any questions.
- Confirmation Retreat for 10th and 11th Grade Confirmation Students will be held in the Church Hall on Saturday, December 9th, from 9:00am until after the 4:00pm Mass, with class and tour on Sunday, December 10th, from 9:30am-4:00pm, of the Shrine of St. John Berchmans at the Academy of the Sacred Heart, Grand Coteau. This is a Mandatory Retreat and attendance on both days is required!
- The Light is on for You--On three Wednesdays in Advent, December 6, 13, and 20, from 6:30-8:00pm, St. John Berchmans and all the parishes of the Diocese of Lafayette will be open for individual confession. Please make plans to come on Advent Wednesdays and spread the word of this special outreach of mercy to those you know.
- Reminder to KC members of their next meeting in the Church Hall this Sunday, December 10th, at 6:00pm, with rosary at 5:30pm.
- St. John Berchmans Advent Mission presented by Deacon Cody Miller, will be held on Monday and Tuesday, December 11th and 12th, from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. A Rosary will be recited each evening at 6:10pm. The Mission is entitled "Evenings with St. Louis de Montfort". Everyone is invited to attend!
- Christmas Flower Donation Envelopes are in the bulletin holders of the Church. If you wish to remember your deceased loved ones by making a donation, please write their name(s) on the envelope and place your donation in the collection basket at any of the weekend Masses through December 10th. The list of names will be published in the Bulletin. Thank you!
- An Altar Server Training for St. John Berchmans' New and Current Altar Servers will be held on Saturday, December 23rd, at 10:00am, in Church. Weekend and Christmas Mass training will be discussed.
- First Communion Retreat and First Penance for 2nd Grade Students will be held on Saturday, December 16th, from 9:00am to 11:00am, in the Church. Parent/adult must accompany child!
- Mass Schedule for Christmas and New Year’s :
December 24th, Weekend Masses: 8:00am and 10:00am
December 24th, Christmas Eve Masses: 4:00pm and 6:00pm
December 25th, Christmas Day Masses: 8:00am and 10:00am
December 30th, Weekend Mass: 4:00pm
December 31st, Weekend Masses: 8:00am and 10:00am
January 1st, New Year’s Day Mass: 8:00am
Note: One Mass for weekend and one Mass for Christmas should be attended to meet obligation for weekend/Christmas.
New Year’s Day falls on a Monday in 2024 and is not a Holy Day of Obligation in the USA.
- The Church Office will be closed from Friday, December 22nd through Friday, January 5th, in observance of the Christmas and New Year's holidays. We will reopen on Monday, January 8th, at 8:00am. If you need to reach Fr. Ken or one of the Staff, please call 337/668-4413 and leave a message. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
- The 2024 Offertory Envelopes are located on the table in the back of the Church. Please note: Your envelope number may have changed. Please make sure your name is on the box that you pick up. Thank you!