Welcome to St. John Berchmans!
On behalf of St. John Berchmans Parish, welcome to our website! Please be patient as we continue to work on the development of the entire site and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments. Thank you and God Bless!
- "Come, Lord Jesus!" groups meet on Tuesdays at 4:30pm and Thursdays at 10:00am in the Church Hall. For more information, call the Church Office (337/668-4413). Everyone is invited to attend!
- 2024 Bishop's Services Appeal (BSA) Payment Methods: Check payable to BSA and mail to "Diocese of Lafayette, Office of Stewardship and Development 1408 Carmel Drive, Lafayette, LA 70501-9907. Please notate "St. John Berchmans Church" on check. Credit/Debit Card Payments: Visit diolaf.org/BSA or text DIOCESE to 50155. Questions? Call 337/261-5641.
- If interested in getting information concerning a new mausoleum program for St. John Berchmans Cemetery, please contact the Church Office at 337/668-4413 or sign up in the Church.
- February Religious Education Class Dates: Grades 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 - February 25th --- See Christian Formation/CCD Program Tab for printable schedules.
- The 2024 Mass Book is now open. Please come by the Church Office, at your earliest convenience, to set up your Mass Intentions for the 2024 year or an upcoming month. 2024 Sanctuary Lamp dates may also be scheduled at this time. Please follow the Office hours that are printed on the front of the bulletin. You may call the Office at 337/668-4413, with any questions.
- Safe Environment Continuing Training for 2024: The 2024 Safe Environment Continuing Training is now available online. If you have already completed the Initial Training, log into virtusonline.org. Your new training is found under “Current Training”. If you do not remember your log-in information, please contact the VIRTUS Online Help Desk at 1-888-847-8870, for assistance. Please email/call the Church Office after completing online Continuing Training, so that we can print your certificate.
- St. John Berchmans will once again participate in Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl program.
- St. Joseph Altar Candles are now available for a donation of $4.00 per candle. The St. Joseph's Altar this year will be held on March 16th and 17th. The candles will be placed on the Altar with your loved one's name. Candles must be pre-ordered by coming into the Church Office or by putting your loved one's name in an envelope with candle money and dropping it in the collection basket with "St. Joseph Candle" labeled on the outside of the envelope.
- Dress Rehearsal and Pictures for 2nd grade First Communion Students will be held on Saturday, March 9th, from 9:00am to 11:00am, in Church. If ordering pictures, please bring completed picture order form and payment. Parent/Adult must accompany child.
- The Health Buggy Bus will be in our Church Parking Lot this Friday, February 23rd, from 8:15am to 11:00am.
- St. John Berchmans' Lenten Mission will be held this Monday, February 26th, after the 5:30pm Communion Service until 7:00pm; and, Tuesday, February 27th, after the 5:30pm Mass until 7:00pm. Guest speaker will be Deacon Randy Hyde from the Diocese of Lafayette. Deacon Randy will be at all Masses this weekend to speak on the upcoming Mission. Everyone is encouraged to attend!